[PD] program for osc-rate testing?

João Pais jmmmpais at googlemail.com
Sat Mar 3 13:49:40 CET 2012

Hi,

I wanted to test the rate/stability of the osc packages I am sending from
Pd (around 3 packages every 40 ms) with another program outside Pd. Does
anyone have any good sugestions for a programm (or even console utility)
that can display the timings between the messages received on the port I'm
sending to?
I'm using XP and ubuntu (I guess the later one is more suited for this).

I was also thinking of creating a "control tester" like a Pd patch that
saves a click to an audio file every time a message is received. But that
would still be inside Pd, so I don't know how precise it would be.

Best,

João