[PD] [OT] openstomp ... PD pedal?

Billy Stiltner billy.stiltner at gmail.com
Sat Mar 3 16:45:08 CET 2012

http://rowebots.com/products. If you can get that OS to multiprocess then I
reckon microchip would be one option I think better than Parralax. I havent
kept up with the scene but  around 7 years ago this
http://geocities.ws/billy_stiltner/worldrecordplane/worldrecordplane.htmllittle
chip only had 16 bytes of ram, 256bytes of code, ran at 1MHz and
done 2chn PCM decoding and 2chn PWM output. Parralax was using Microchip
PICS for there chips and putting it in a fancy learning package. Looks like
Microchip has the 80MHz procs. You can write programs in RISC or even in C.
I wold imagine the port of PD would be a  nobrainer almost.  Atmel is
another microcontroller that would possibly make a nice little PD stompbox
brain. What  form of an embeddable host are you likely to find BSD in these
days? I would look there first then shop around for something along those
lines.