[PD] choosing your language at launch WAS: Japanese Pure Data book is out now.

Hans-Christoph Steiner hans at at.or.at
Sun Mar 4 06:55:09 CET 2012

Glad it worked out.  About handling the translations, I don't really have a good sense of who will want to use it in their native language and who in English.  My guess is that the more technical people will be using Pd in English, and the less technical would use Pd in their native language.

Based on that guess, then the idea would be to make it use the translations by default, then provide instructions for the more technical people to switch to English.

You just demonstrated a simple yet effective way to force Pd in English on any system: remove the translation files in the po/ folder, i.e. ja.msg, etc.

.hc