[PD] C++ for reusable dsp lib - or better use C?

Billy Stiltner billy.stiltner at gmail.com
Sun Mar 4 09:10:20 CET 2012

You guys made me remember why I don't like compiler options. Thanks! haha.
asm to me is like programming in c++. but inline assembly in either c or
c++ is not. What we need is flat address space without the overhead of GDS
segment sorcery. It's pretty bad to be able to delete a  list of a list of
pointers to objects  that deletes itself before it deletes itself in a
polymorphic virtual destructor. ;) C++ is great but it is much easier to
keep up with pointers in c. c is just like c++ without the confusion you
can work yourself into a pointer to a function is a pointer to a function
and if yo look at the assembly language there aint nothing wrong with using
struct instead of class. it's all code an data when its running. the
differences in the output are going to be more than likely caused by leaky
capacitors and noisy fans or  2 coils of wire too close together.