[PD] no tilde

Gerhard Lang lang.gerhard at gmail.com
Sun Mar 4 20:56:09 CET 2012

Am 04.03.2012 18:46, schrieb Mathieu Bouchard:
> Le 2012-03-04 à 18:03:00, Gerhard Lang a écrit :

> How do you produce it in other apps ?

[Alt Gr] + [+]

> We use different layouts. I've used 3 or 4 different kinds of CF
> layouts and several variants of US layouts too. I've also seen FR and
> DE/AT layouts. I remember that ~ was in a tricky place on the DE/AT
> Apple layout.

I found threads about these  issues on macs/osx too, as far I see there
their keyboards show no tilde at all and they produce it with [Alt] - [n].
Here I use a IBM Thinkpad DE/AT layout from ubuntu's options which fits
best to the hardware.
I tried the standard layout too, the same problem.
On my desktop pc with similiar configuration everything works perfectly.

>> There is no keyboard dysfunction otherwise on my tp410 with ubuntu
>> 11.4 amd64.
>
> Huh, what's a tp410 ?

Sorry, it's a Lenovo thinkpad T410

I agree, this seems not to be a hardware problem. Do you think it has to
do something with kernel options, codepages etc?

Regards Gerhard