[PD] C++ for reusable dsp lib - or better use C?

Rich E reakinator at gmail.com
Mon Mar 5 02:07:24 CET 2012

For the last 10 years or so, it's been considered bad practice to use naked
pointers in C++.  This is because of shared_ptr and friends, along with
stl.  It's great; for example, I have a moderately sized C++ project I'm
working on at the moment that has absolutely no explicit delete's -
everything is handled by scope.

Here's a recent talk from Bjarne Stroustrup who says something to these
affects:
http://video.ch9.ms/ch9/252f/ed5c3dc3-3335-493b-9e2c-9fd00012252f/GoingNative2012KeynoteStroustrup_med_ch9.mp4

I think he gets into unique_ptr about 2/3rds in.