[PD] [OT] Computers just for maths? WAS Music Notation in linux

Andrew Faraday jbturgid at hotmail.com
Mon Mar 5 09:22:48 CET 2012

It's also pretty fair to say that all computers do IS maths. They perform binary operations at a rate of thousands per second. The fact that we've got these binary digits to produce a human-readable display, we use it to produce audio, and represent text, and we make our input in a non-mathematical form.

That doesn't stop computers just being capable of maths.

It's why programs are called applications, they're simply another way to apply maths.

I, for one, am quite glad, because I'm good at logic, but barely average at arithmetic :p

Andrew