[PD] pddroidparty netsend and netreceive

Chris McCormick chris at mccormick.cx
Mon Mar 5 14:56:20 CET 2012

Hi Orm and Bérenger,

I'm sorry to report that I tried several things but couldn't get libpd
to receive broadcast UDP packets on Android. I tried adding some
WiFi/network/multicast permissions to the apk, and also used
WifiManager.MulticastLock to acquire the multicast lock, but these
changes did not help. If anyone else has any suggestions I would love to
hear them.

In terms of debugging the multiple bang issue, you could try plugging
your phone in by USB and running 'adb logcat' (from the Android SDK) to
see what Pd is printing out on the console before it crashes.

If you send me your patch I might find time to look at it.

Cheers,

Chris.

--
http://mccormick.cx/