[PD] [OT] Music Notation in linux

Lorenzo Sutton lorenzofsutton at gmail.com
Mon Mar 5 19:58:32 CET 2012

On 05/03/12 17:18, Mathieu Bouchard wrote:
> Le 2012-03-05 à 09:07:00, Lorenzo Sutton a écrit :

>>> Do you also mean it doesn't make much sense to use PureData for
>>> anything else than audio ?
>> No, nor I see the logic by which you assume I mean that from the above
>> statement.
>
> Think of sentences like « It doesn't make much sense to use X as a Y
> because X is primarily a Z »...

It can be dangerous/misleading to extract the general rule from one
single, very specific example like this, and then re-apply it to a
totally different domain/example.

That is, you are applying the logic assumption:

*If* Lorenzo says:
"It doesn't make much sense to use Lilypond as a midi  creator as it is
primarily a typesetting system"

*then* he also *always* thinks:

"It doesn't make much sense to use X as Y because X is primarily Z"

and *thus* Lorenzo thinks:

"It doesn't make much sense to use Pd as a
[something-else-differnt-than-audio-creator] as it is primerily an
[Audio-creation-something]

The part were you implicitly go from (cery) specific to general and back
to specific again is the weakest - in my humble opinion ;)

Lorenzo.