[PD] [OT] Music Notation in linux

Mathieu Bouchard matju at artengine.ca
Mon Mar 5 20:22:40 CET 2012

Le 2012-03-05 à 19:58:00, Lorenzo Sutton a écrit :

> It can be dangerous/misleading to extract the general rule from one
> single, very specific example like this, and then re-apply it to a
> totally different domain/example.

Yes, but then, the reasoning that you stated is not what you actually
meant. You're not trying to say that it doesn't make sense to use
something that is primarily a typesetting system, to do midi output. It
may be because Lilypond in particular is bad at this task in particular,
but you already are generalising by calling it « a midi creator » and « a
typesetting system » and that a fact about the latter in general justifies
a statement about the former in general.

I'm not saying that I really expressed myself well in yesterday's reply...
It was a bad way to put it.