[PD] [OT] Music Notation in linux

Andrew Faraday jbturgid at hotmail.com
Mon Mar 5 22:16:20 CET 2012

> and *thus* Lorenzo thinks:
>
> "It doesn't make much sense to use Pd as a
> [something-else-differnt-than-audio-creator] as it is primerily an
> [Audio-creation-something]

A good workman never blames his tools... But the best workman in the world won't paint a room with a screwdriver. Ultimately you do need the right tools for the job.

I was intending to write a score for a choir to actually sing, although it has to be said, the delay between writing lilypond code and seeing the score in a readable format is a huge barrier. There's a further delay between that and me sitting down at the keyboard to play the music, make variations, then go through the cycle again. Not quite a screwdriver, perhaps, but a squirrels tail?