[PD] six sound outputs with sound blaster X-Fi Surround 5.1

Mathieu Bouchard matju at artengine.ca
Mon Mar 5 22:42:07 CET 2012

Le 2012-03-05 à 15:03:00, Charles Henry a écrit :

> Sorry--I have no good news for you... and perhaps this knowledge only
> adds to your injury.  The ASIC in your sound card has many, many times
> the potential that it actually gets used for--up to 10,000 MIPS on a
> quad-core DSP and up to 128 channels.

It's just normal that increasingly more powerful technology becomes
generic so that it can be used in many more products so that it can sell
more so that it can pay for its own development and cut down on the
production costs... eventually we put supercomputers inside
chequebook-sized boxes and call them « telephones ».

The best you can do is write a distributed-computing virus that detects
any such ASIC and hook it on some math problem such as trying to crack
exterrestrial prime numbers and stuff... ;)