[PD] six sound outputs with sound blaster X-Fi Surround 5.1

Charles Henry czhenry at gmail.com
Tue Mar 6 00:11:22 CET 2012

On Mon, Mar 5, 2012 at 4:35 PM, altern <altern2 at gmail.com> wrote:

> I see. so basically I could use this sound card to seach for life
> across the universe but I cannot separate the ****** output channels.
> great. not sure I have time to get another card on time. grrr...
>
> thanks!

I'm sorry if I discouraged you from looking further -- I suspect the
hardware is doing the mixing in a way that's not under software
control, but I don't know for sure that's the case.

I have a strong feeling about it, since Creative is restricting what
the card is capable of.  I suspect it's doing it's 5.1 mixing
operations using the DSP.

It could be that some obscure driver option will bypass the DSP and
take 6 channels from software.

Good luck!