[PD] six sound outputs with sound blaster X-Fi Surround 5.1

Pierre-Olivier Boulant po.boulant at free.fr
Tue Mar 6 00:23:48 CET 2012

Hi,
I could do something similar on a multichannel sound card going through
ASIO4all on a Windows machine.
But the driver for the same sound card on Linux doesn't give all the
channels easily at all. I haven't tried with MacOSX.
I used a Terratec aureon USB 5.1 mk2 (and 7.1).

The ASIO driver of Pd in 0.42.5 can be a bit tricky. I think the Pd-X
0.43.1 solves a few issues there.

Good luck
Pierre-Olivier