[PD] ANN: pd-l2ork v.20120304 and new disis_wiimote external now available

Ivica Ico Bukvic ico at vt.edu
Tue Mar 6 06:42:33 CET 2012

 ...please note that some file links on the webpage don't work (because the file naming scheme has been altered).

Oops, thanks for the bug report! Will fix that shortly (and while at it I am already uploading 20120305 version which makes tooltips even more robust)

Zooming is cool! There are, however, some objects which don't scale appropriately - the red GOP box is one. (See attached screenshot)

That is because GOP objects are of user-selected size, just like iemgui objects (which also do not resize for the same reason). Font based zooming simply changes font sizes and repositions all objects to be still in the same relation to each other. True zooming (ala desiredata), while desireable (no pun intended) is at this point IMO too much work for too little gain. Entire internals need to be addressed because the object mapping and selection logic is split between the toolkit and c which makes the entire thing a nightmare. I think this is a good compromise that should work in the interim. I am also convinced that instead of having one monolithic pd that can do both editor and headless operation, we really need 2 instances. One that is based essentially off of libpd and another that is a robust editor with none of the convoluted client server model between the editor and the engine itself that has made improving on the code so cumbersome

Hope this helps!

András