[PD] dealing with crashes under WinXp

David Schaffer schafferdavid at hotmail.com
Tue Mar 6 09:46:49 CET 2012

Hi,

      I'm running a sound installation unsing pd under windows XP SP3  home. The patch is heavy and the computer is an old centrino laptop (the cpu runs at 95 percent all the time). I was planning to let the computer run non-stop  for three weeks to keep maintenance as low as possible since there's no qualified technician at the venue, but my first attempt at a long term run resulted in a pd crash. So here's my question: is there a way to force pd to restart automatically after a crash, or is there a way to make the computer restart after a crash (and have my pd patch start automatically at boot-up). Thanks in advance.

D.S

http://www.flickr.com/photos/schafferdavid/
http://audioblog.arteradio.com/David_Schaffer/