[PD] call for [comport] testing!

Hans-Christoph Steiner hans at at.or.at
Wed Mar 7 06:03:57 CET 2012

I just committed a fix for the race condition that happens when a serial port gets disconnected on GNU/Linux and Mac OS X.  Please test heavily on those platforms, including yanking out the USB plug and going out of range with a bluetooth.  It should just cleanly close the serial port now.

http://autobuild.puredata.info/auto-build/latest/

Basically, when a serial port is open using [comport] and the connection gets broken, like if the USB gets pulled, then comport gets stuck in the while(select()) loop in comport_tick().

I changed "if (err >= 0)" to "if (err > 0)" in this commit:
http://pure-data.svn.sourceforge.net/viewvc/pure-data?view=revision&revision=16050

Then added handling for err == 0 in this commit:
http://pure-data.svn.sourceforge.net/viewvc/pure-data?view=revision&revision=16051

Hopefully this doesn't cause any issues because it fixes a big problem :-)