[PD] nonlocal message passing scope

Jonathan Wilkes jancsika at yahoo.com
Thu Mar 8 01:04:06 CET 2012

Got a working prototype going, I'll post it later (since it required a revision of

the canvas "get" patch).

[to]/[from] = this canvas, like [sendlocal]/[receivelocal]
[to foo private]/[from foo private] = this canvas

[to foo]/[from foo] = $0 local, like [send $0-foo]
[to foo n]/[from foo n] = parent $0, where n is integer to specify level
[to foo toplevel]/[from foo toplevel] = toplevel $0
[to foo global]/[from foo global] = like [send foo]/[receive foo]

I say "like", because [to]/[from] won't conflict with [s]/[r] $0-names

-Jonathan