[PD] [table] update notification

Roman Haefeli reduzent at gmail.com
Thu Mar 8 14:30:59 CET 2012

On Wed, 2012-03-07 at 09:15 -0800, Jonathan Wilkes wrote:
> Pd-l2ork has a feature where you can [r "arrayname_changed"]
>
> and you'll get a bang when the array is modified with the mouse.

That's nice feature of Pd-l2ork.

> If you want a notification when using tabwrite/etc., well, when those
>
> objects receive a message to update the array, just manually send
>
> a bang to "arrayname_changed" when this happens.

Yeah, you're totally right. If I'd build a self-enclosed patch, this
wouldn't be an issue. The goal here is to create an abstraction able to
keep an instance of a table in sync over network. I would like to avoid
to design it in a way, that forces the user of the abstraction to
actively notify it about changes. And since I also want to track manual
edits, I need some kind of a watchdog anyway. So  I still go for the
watchdog solution, until the Pd-l2ork features make into Pd.

Roman