[PD] Am I in time to propose the Xth Sense lib to be included in Pd-ext?

Marco Donnarumma devel at thesaddj.com
Fri Mar 9 16:20:33 CET 2012

> Sadly it's too late to include Xth Sense to Pd-ext, I already ask for
> the inclusion of PdMtl and Mtl Abstraction in the next Pd-ext (0.43).

ooh :/
wow, PdMtl is out there since ages...
I always thought why it is not yet included.

Quoting Hans
> "
> I think its too late for 0.43, but 0.44 is definitely possible.  With
> much less work, we can make it easy for people to find and install
> themselves, and that takes effect once you do it. Only one small thing
> has been added since November, so its in feature freeze.

I see, fair enough. But why it is such a hassle?
If the library is ready according to the community guidelines, is it still
a pain to include it?

> - Having it on github will make that a easier too.  You don't need to
> make release tarballs, for example, you can just tag a release in git,
> ie "git tag v0.1", then github makes a link to a downloadable tarball.

Xth Sense is happily on github already.

> - adding it to the puredata.info/downloads section will make it easy for
> people to find
>
> - and making sure it works fine when you drop it into ~/pd-externals,
> ~/Library/Pd, etc.

did that to facilitate installation process during my workshop.
Will add it to downloads when it will be ready.

--
Marco Donnarumma
New Media + Sonic Arts Practitioner, Performer, Teacher, Director.