[PD] Some more float weirdness/fun

Mathieu Bouchard matju at artengine.ca
Fri Mar 9 19:50:33 CET 2012

Le 2012-03-09 à 19:18:00, Quim Llimona a écrit :

> It's well-known that floats can't be treated the same way as integers...
> but since PD is aimed at non-engineers and non-scientists I think it
> would be a good idea to implement the "good" comparison algorithms (i.e.
> checking against a threshold, etc) inside [==] and so, just to make
> patching easier.

Do you think it makes any sense to change the definition of [==] given the
extent to which Pd has been used already ?

And then, [==] couldn't just try to be smart and pick a threshold for you.
You need to explicitly tell which threshold you want it to use. Any kind
of automatic threshold will end up being an annoyance, a nuisance or
worse.