[PD] Am I in time to propose the Xth Sense lib to be included in Pd-ext?

Hans-Christoph Steiner hans at at.or.at
Fri Mar 9 21:01:23 CET 2012

On Mar 9, 2012, at 2:20 PM, Marco Donnarumma wrote:

> Yes, I know. I set up a tag in my local git, but can't figure out how to update github, so to have the link you mentioned earlier.
>

> git push --tags -u origin master
>
> Ok, I also have the link to the static release.
> I feel conformed now :)

This might seem annoying, but I have found it makes it much easier for people to install things: the meta file "xthsense-meta.pd", the download page title "Xth-Sense-library", the library name "Xth-Sense-lib", and the folder from the download folder "marcodsad-Xth-Sense-lib-5299660" are all different names.

That means people have to know that the have to rename "marcodsad-Xth-Sense-lib-5299660" to "xthsense" in order to make it work like a lib.  Instead I propose this:

- create a folder in your git called "xthsense"
- move all of the objects into that folder
- add a README.txt telling people to drop the "xthsense" folder into the standard user folder:
http://puredata.info/docs/faq/how-do-i-install-externals-and-help-files
- rename the /downloads/ page to "xthsense"

It can be called something other than "xthsense", it just needs to be the same name everywhere.  Also, for read-me in libdirs, README.txt is the standard name, not README.

There is no way to peace, peace is the way.       -A.J. Muste