[PD] about problem with pd on mac os lion

Hans-Christoph Steiner hans at at.or.at
Fri Mar 9 23:29:18 CET 2012

Each Pd-extended.app is self-contained, so they shouldn't influence each other.  Try running it from the Terminal and see what it says there.  Basically, copy and paste the line below into the Terminal and hit enter:

/Applications/Pd-0.43.1-extended-20120226.app/Contents/Resources/bin/pd -stderr

.hc

On Mar 8, 2012, at 1:48 AM, Contra LUO wrote:

> Hi there, I have a problem with pd on mac os lion.
> I have used to running pd-extended 0.42, but when I installed 0.43 and after uninstalling 0.43, I cannot start any version of pd or pd-extended.
>
> I have tried every version include 0.42/0.43/pd/pd-extended/double/latest...
> I googled some Hans' posts, tried to install TCL, restored my hosts, and removed a pirated software (really sorry for this), but it still cannot work...
> The logs of starting 0.42 are like this "defaults:
> The domain/default pair of (/Users/***/Pd-0.42-6.app/Contents/Resources/Scripts/../../org.puredata.pd, audiobuf) does not exist
> ".
> The log of starting 0.43 is only one: "ERROR: failed to allocate port, exiting!"
>
> I tried this just now, but still not work......
> http://puredata.hurleur.com/viewtopic.p … 468#p28468
>
> Are there some suggestions? Thanks very much!
>
> (I also post this problem on pd forum, but I just want to make it out quickly. Thanks. http://puredata.hurleur.com/viewtopic.php?pid=29617#p29617)

"Making boring techno music is really easy with modern tools, but with live coding, boring techno is much harder." - Chris McCormick