[PD] Tobacco (was: Web Netiquette (was: a book about libpd))

Andrew Faraday jbturgid at hotmail.com
Sat Mar 10 01:36:42 CET 2012

I've had a horrible debate along these lines before. It's ethics, rather than technology.

But does it make you a better person to have beaten an addiction, or a fool for becoming addicted? Would it be right for someone who hasn't been through that experience to have an oppinion on it anyway? (the worst addiction I've had was tetris.... oh, and pure data)

Personally, a bit of all of the above, helps to be positive about the giving up part, anyway. Rather than getting bogged down in an ethical argument so you forget that something positive has happened..

It's probably too late at night for me to be replying to the mailing list...