[PD] Am I in time to propose the Xth Sense lib to be included in Pd-ext?

Hans-Christoph Steiner hans at at.or.at
Sat Mar 10 02:17:14 CET 2012

On Mar 9, 2012, at 7:34 PM, patrick wrote:

> Hi Hans,
>
>> <grump>It seems that "getting into Pd-extended" has come to mean "let Hans maintain it for me", and this is no longer a viable option.</grump>
>
> I totally understand that! I just wanted to tell Marco that it was too late for 0.43. I will surely recheck Pdmtl & Mtl for 0.44 - but last time I did, 1-2 years ago, it was working fine (no pool dependency).

Hey Patrick,

That grumpiness wasn't targeted at you, sorry if you thought so.  For mtl, the next step is making a versioned release that's easy to install.  Since you're using github now, I think it makes sense to follow the same advice I gave Marco:

- create a folder in your git called "mtl"
- move all of the objects into that folder
- add a README.txt telling people to drop the "mtl" folder into the standard user folder:
http://puredata.info/docs/faq/how-do-i-install-externals-and-help-files

Then you can just make git tags and github will make the release tarballs for you.  This is how the gridflow releases are structured and it seems to be working well.

If you want to make it into a Debian package, the easiest way is to use the Library Template, that means listing all of the objects in the Makefile in PDOBJECTS and making sure every object has a help patch.