[PD] tunetof scl2pd.py

Frank Barknecht fbar at footils.org
Sat Mar 10 08:29:36 CET 2012

On Thu, Mar 08, 2012 at 01:10:34AM -0500, Billy Stiltner wrote:
>  what is the best way to run scl2pd.py from within pd? i forgot where shell
> is located.  i want an open file dialog then pass the file name to
> scl2pd.py. i probably ought to just rewrite in a language    i understand
> like java and have the ratios sent to a table through udp that way I can
> have a cool scala browser that displays info about the scale before
> selecting it to be used since there are over 4000 of them

You could use the [shell] external to quickly run the script, or rewrite it
to be a Lua external, which shouldn't be hard.

But scl2pd.py is intended to be run from the command line. With it, you can
convert all the scales that are part of the Scala software with a single
command:

 scl2pd.py *.scl

After that, you get one file ending in ".scl.tab" for every scale and don't need to run
scl2pd.py again.

Ciao
--
 Frank Barknecht            Do You RjDj.me?          _ ______footils.org__