[PD] call for [comport] testing!

Mathieu Bouchard matju at artengine.ca
Sat Mar 10 21:43:49 CET 2012

Le 2012-03-07 à 00:03:00, Hans-Christoph Steiner a écrit :

> I just committed a fix for the race condition that happens when a serial
> port gets disconnected on GNU/Linux and Mac OS X.  Please test heavily
> on those platforms, including yanking out the USB plug and going out of
> range with a bluetooth.  It should just cleanly close the serial port
> now.

BTW, I have made a version of [comport] in 2008, to introduce an optional
ring-buffer FIFO for outgoing data, with user-defined size, because I
needed to upload large files by serial port. It might be a good idea to
merge this feature into the main [comport] branch, for several reasons.
One of them is that I'm not really distributing it anywhere.