[PD] list etiquette

ALAN BROOKER alan.brooker2010 at gmail.com
Sun Mar 11 12:30:24 CET 2012

> fuck no!
>
> Pd expands boundaries of what is music and art.  Why expect any
> boundaries on the list?  The same norm you're expecting might not be
> shared by other people who use the list too.

Just wish to clarify what I think is being discussed here which is not
necessary the language but  how the language is used to against others
in an abusive way. For instance Mr.Y makes an announcement and the
first reply from Mr. X is " fuck off". Or  Mrs. V posts something to
the list where the subject singles out another subscriber in a
disparaging way and has nothing to do with Pd at all.  This isn't
heated debate.

The norms I am expecting  are the basics of just being civil,  to act
in the ways described above in person would be anti-social behaviour .

> I don't care for some things said on the list, but all you can really
> do is try to convince other people to see things your way.

yes, your right here, that is all that can be done.

Free thought and expression on the list takes president , but when
someone is singled out unfairly or having abuse thrown at them it is
something I feel the need to complain about.

..............or maybe I'm just troll fodder :/