[PD] call for [comport] testing!

Mathieu Bouchard matju at artengine.ca
Sun Mar 11 18:07:41 CET 2012

Le 2012-03-11 à 10:10:00, Hans-Christoph Steiner a écrit :

> Sounds interesting, how would that affect latency?  Most people use
> comport for getting data from sensors, so that's important.

The fifo is an option. If you don't use it, then there's hardly any
difference. If you use it, then I think that the data is only being sent
at poll time, according to how much data the driver accepts. For patches
that only receive, it makes no practical difference : just an extra
if(n>0) in a situation where n stays 0.