[PD] tunetof scl2pd.py

Frank Barknecht fbar at footils.org
Mon Mar 12 10:03:08 CET 2012

Hi,

On Sun, Mar 11, 2012 at 07:11:27AM -0400, Billy Stiltner wrote:
> No errors with sending the command to shell.
>
> I did get some errors though with a few runs of it in a terminal here is an
> example.
>
> ValueError: could not convert string to float:
> bj at bj-HP-Pavilion-dv5-
> Notebook-PC:~/Desktop/tunetof$ python scl2pd.py stiltnerphihr16.scl
> Traceback (most recent call last):
>   File "scl2pd.py", line 69, in <module>
>     tab = convert_scala(file)
>   File "scl2pd.py", line 58, in convert_scala
>     tab.append(ratio2float(l))
>   File "scl2pd.py", line 21, in ratio2float
>     return float(r[0]) / float(r[1])
> ValueError: could not convert string to float:

This looks as if there's something strange in stiltnerphihr16.scl, where
stiltnerphihr16.scl probably contains a ratio. Make sure, the ratios don't have
any spaces, i.e. "2/3" is fine, "3 / 4" is not.

> also in tunetof.pd there was an error with nonoctave tunings
> here is a correction

I think, you this is based on an outdated version of tunetof, the latest one
(though already 3 years old) doesn't have expr in it anymore. You can get it
here:
http://pure-data.svn.sourceforge.net/viewvc/pure-data/trunk/abstractions/footils/tunetof/

I don't remember anymore if the latest version deals correctly with non-octave
tunings, it may not. What exactly did you change here?

Ciao
--
 Frank Barknecht            Do You RjDj.me?          _ ______footils.org__