[PD] mrpeach routeOSC behaves differently then its previous release?

Martin Peach martin.peach at sympatico.ca
Mon Mar 12 20:50:01 CET 2012

On 2012-03-12 14:35, Marco Donnarumma wrote:
> hello folks,
> apparently [routeOSC] behaves differently between 42.5 and 43.1 releases
> (I'm aware mrpeach has been updated in between).
>
> I have sliders sending out messages as
> [list /bla/1/blabli 0.437(
>
> with Pd-extended 0.42.5 and the related "older" mrpeach lib, I used to
> route these messages with
> [routeOSC /bla]
>
> I gave it a try with the 0.43.1 and the "new" mrpeach lib, but now I
> need to do
> [route list]
> |
> [routeOSC /bla]
>
> If the [route list] is omitted, [routeOSC] won't output anything, and it
> does not complain.
>

> it's really a minor fix for the patch, but I'm a bit confused:
> - was I doing something wrong before?

I think so. [routeOSC] expects messages whose selector is an OSC path.
If it worked before with list selector it was by accident, because
routeOSC used to have a list method but now there is an anything method.

> - is this a new feature?

I suppose it must be new that it ignores lists, but it's not really a
feature.

> - should [routeOSC] tell me something if it can't parse the message?

It tells you if the path is not a valid OSC path (no slash) only if you
send it a [verbosity 1( message.

Martin