[PD] mrpeach routeOSC behaves differently then its previous release?

Jonathan Wilkes jancsika at yahoo.com
Tue Mar 13 04:35:12 CET 2012

----- Original Message -----

It happens any time you bang [list], but it doesn't matter because pretty
much everything treats the output as a bang.

In a world without the special selector "list", presumably you'd still have
an object that counts the number of atoms in a message.  Let's call
it [length].  Does [length] count "bang" as "0"?  And what about custom
selectors like "foo"?  If we're counting message arguments it seems we'd
have to differ from the way [list length] works and count those as "0", too,
but then every single-selector message registers as an empty list.  Not that
you couldn't treat bang specially elsewhere-- but still, it seems weird.

-Jonathan