[PD] mrpeach routeOSC behaves differently then its previous release?

Jonathan Wilkes jancsika at yahoo.com
Tue Mar 13 05:10:25 CET 2012

----- Original Message -----

I think the current implementation (and documentation) tries to skirt the issue
and ends up making it worse. The [route] object does...what?  It looks like the
object was designed so that the new user can quickly conclude that it takes the
first "thingy" in the message you send it, eats the thingy and shoots out any
remaining thingies (if no more thingies, then burp out a bang).  Super simple
if all the thingies in the message are numbers.  A collection of exceptions if
you want to do anything else.  (It has three modes... I mean, two modes, and
two selectors that never get stripped, I mean...hm... let me check the docs
again...etc.)

Similar with [list length].  Just remember that all incoming messages are
converted to lists.  So an incoming "symbol foo" message will have... how many
items?  Uh-oh, we didn't define "convert".

[symbol foo(

[list length]

"1"

Selectors don't count...

[foo(

[list length]

"1"

I meant built-in selectors don't count...

[tranverse this, bang(

[pointer]

[route pointer]
|                  |
[s a]            [s b]

[r a]

[list length]

"?"

[r b]

[list length]

"?"

[namecanvas this]

Let's start over.  The [route] object takes the first thingy and...

-Jonathan