[PD] vline~ precision, or sequentially segmented playback of a buffer

João Pais jmmmpais at googlemail.com
Tue Mar 13 20:07:19 CET 2012

Hi Andy,

> Joao, if the jumps are always (theoretically zero) going to be very
> small (no backjumps of a whole segment) then let's suggest a quick
> and practical fix and ignore the whole issue of sample accuracy
> in the control system. I take it you only need this to sound good
> enough, not be sample accurate:
>
> Place a [lop~ 1000] after the [vline~]
>
> This will remove any sudden little jumps and smooth the
> playback at segment boundaries. Might be good enough for rock
> n roll.

unfortunately, there are places where part of the table is played by
another player (you'll see the gaps in the text file).
But also, unfortunately the lop~ doesn't change the result at all, I
think. At least I couldn't hear it, also not by changing the value to
something bigger. The clicks in the direction corners are still there.

João