[PD] alternative for quicktime

Mathieu Bouchard matju at artengine.ca
Sat Mar 17 16:07:38 CET 2012

Le 2012-03-17 à 14:41:00, Patrice Colet a écrit :

> is it possible to use another library than quicktme, something rather
> open-source, in gem and griflow, and other externals like this?
> I was thinking about gmerlin for example.

last year's GridFlow 9.13 binaries for OSX, link with both QuickTime and
libquicktime. The latter is completely different code by a different
author, can do encoding, is better supported by GridFlow than QuickTime
is, and runs in 64-bit mode too.

Though ideally, I'd be replacing it with gmerlin, a newer library by the
same author. Last time I looked, something about installing it was a mess,
but I don't remember what it was, and it was years ago, so it's surely
much better now.