[PD] alternative for quicktime

IOhannes m zmölnig zmoelnig at iem.at
Sun Mar 18 12:48:15 CET 2012

On 03/18/12 00:31, Patrice Colet wrote:

>> i don't thiunk anybody gave the gmerlin plugin a try on w32/mingw yet
>> (though e.g. vlc is known to work)
>>
>> the usual procedure is to tell Gem's configure where to find gmerlin
>> (PKG_GMERLIN_AVDEC_CFLAGS and PKG_GMERLIN_AVDEC_LIBS) and hope it
>> will
>> autodetec everything....
>
> gmerlin is detected but I couldn't make it because of this:
>
> 'glutMainLoopEvent' was not declared in this scope

do something like
$ make -k
to get over non-neccessary build steps
(Gem seems to find a non-freeglut installation of glut and fails to
build the [gemglutwindow] objectclass, which should be of no concern to you)

> ./configure --without-all

don't (if you don't want nothing :-))

> compiles gem.dll but couldn't create some other library files
>
> /filmAVI.cpp:230: undefined reference to `AVIStreamRead at 28'

ah well, you disabled checks for libvfw by sepcifying (--without-all)
and configure is not so clever as to remove filmAVI in this case yet
(when building on w32)

fgmasdr
IOhannes