[PD] ANN: pd-l2ork v.20120304 and new disis_wiimote external now available

András Murányi muranyia at gmail.com
Mon Mar 19 22:20:33 CET 2012

2012/3/6 Ivica Ico Bukvic <ico at vt.edu>

>      [...]**
>

> Zooming is cool! There are, however, some objects which don't scale
> appropriately - the red GOP box is one. (See attached screenshot)****
>
> ** **
>
> That is because GOP objects are of user-selected size, just like iemgui
> objects (which also do not resize for the same reason). Font based zooming
> simply changes font sizes and repositions all objects to be still in the
> same relation to each other. True zooming (ala desiredata), while
> desireable (no pun intended) is at this point IMO too much work for too
> little gain. Entire internals need to be addressed because the object
> mapping and selection logic is split between the toolkit and c which makes
> the entire thing a nightmare. I think this is a good compromise that should
> work in the interim. I am also convinced that instead of having one
> monolithic pd that can do both editor and headless operation, we really
> need 2 instances. One that is based essentially off of libpd and another
> that is a robust editor with none of the convoluted client server model
> between the editor and the engine itself that has made improving on the
> code so cumbersome…****
>
> ** **
>
> Hope this helps!****

(A late) Thanks for the explanation!
So am I getting your vision right: to have a sort of 'server' which runs pd
patches and an editor which only edits patches and submits them to the
server to run? Plus I guess dynamic patching and changes graphical objects'
attributes which will make it all more complicated...?

András