[PD] auto-adding MIDI devices

Hans-Christoph Steiner hans at at.or.at
Fri Mar 23 20:40:00 CET 2012

The MIDI Settings Dialog needs a big overhaul, that's for sure.  I'm happy to help anyone if they take that on.  Saving by device names is a great idea, for example.  I'll keep that in mind with the coding I'm going to do, and if its obvious, I'll add it.

This automatic stuff won't replace complex setups, it'll just make simple setups really easy and leave the prefs stuff alone for complex setups.  I just want to make sure I'm not going to make things hardware for the non-simple setups.

.hc