[PD] ANN: pd-l2ork v.20120304 and new disis_wiimote external now available

Mathieu Bouchard matju at artengine.ca
Tue Mar 27 17:45:40 CEST 2012

Le 2012-03-06 à 00:42:00, Ivica Ico Bukvic a écrit :

> Font based zooming simply changes font sizes and repositions all objects
> to be still in the same relation to each other. True zooming (ala
> desiredata), while desireable (no pun intended)

Well, in desiredata, puns were intended. The name was made from
desiderata, a latin word to allude to todo-lists and wish-lists.

> is at this point IMO too much work for too little gain.

Curiously, I would have said exactly that about your fontsize thing. I
would say that true zooming is the only way to go, and anything else
distracts by creating bigger complications.

> we really need 2 instances. One that is based essentially off of libpd
> and another that is a robust editor with none of the convoluted client
> server model between the editor and the engine itself that has made
> improving on the code so cumbersome…

You want to replace the current client-server model by what exactly ? Most
likely another kind of client-server model ?