[PD] laptop advice

João Pais jmmmpais at googlemail.com
Wed Mar 28 20:02:13 CEST 2012

Hi,

I'm considering to "upgrade" my old thinkpad R51, with something lighter
and with more power. Since I need a laptop with a pcmcia slot for my
multiface, no new models can be bought.
I was thinking of a Thinkpad X61, as it's quite light and comes with a
dual-core processor. But since I'm biased to thinkpads and don't know much
more, does anyone has another suggestion?

The uses of the laptop would be for Pd, work with sound files in general.
The systems to be installed would be Windows7 and Ubuntu.

Best,

João