[PD] pd + midi drumpad

Drake Schutt drake89 at gmail.com
Wed Mar 28 20:14:10 CEST 2012

Hi, I'm trying to make an instrument using a drum (similar to steel drums),
solenoid actuators, arduino, pure data, and an akai MPD 18 drum pad.  The
drum pad has 16 pads and there will be 16 actuators.  I'm stuck in the pure
data part and seeking some help from the list.  It seems to me that if I
could filter the 16 note values from the midi drum in PD, that it wouldn't
be that difficult to route each value to a pin on an arduino board.  I'll
be using 8 outputs on two separate boards.  The only relevant code besides
pduino I've seen is a midi note filter (I couldn't make it useful), and
some Pd patches on an MIT syllabus.  The MIT patches were not downloadable,
they may have used Maxforlive or something.

Thanks for any help,
Drake