[PD] pcmcia RME multiface on ubuntu (and linux) [WAS] Re: laptop advice

João Pais jmmmpais at googlemail.com
Thu Mar 29 10:46:54 CEST 2012

> Sorry to totally derail this, but...
>
> On 28/03/12 20:02, João Pais wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> I'm considering to "upgrade" my old thinkpad R51, with something
>> lighter and with more power. Since I need a laptop with a pcmcia slot
>> for my multiface, no new models can be bought.
> Does the multiface with pcmcia work on ubuntu? If so how does it perform?

I never got to use ubuntu that much (never performing), because it just
takes too much effort to setup the system until it really works without
having to go to forums and ask for stuff.
but I did notice that it installed very easily, with no problems I could
use jack+pd with the rme. For more details, I think there are other people
in the list that have used it more extensively.

João