[PD] Synchronising pix_video with direct-from-disk audio

Iain Mott mott at reverberant.com
Thu Mar 29 14:15:47 CEST 2012

Hi list,

On linux, I am currently synchronising pix_video to audio loaded into
memory. This is done by using values from vline~ to read the audio with
tabread4~ and to control the playback of pix_film.

It works, however I realise that I have too much multi-channel audio to
load into memory and I can't see any way of synchronising audio and
video if the patch was to read audio direct-from-disk with readsf~ for
example.

Is there a way of reading audio direct-from-disk and synchronising with
pix_film?

My patches also need to perform live-capture of video - and mix this
with the pre-recorded video. I'm presently using pix_video for this. I'd
like to find a solution within the GEM environment if possible.

Thanks!

Iain