[PD] hslider/vslider - mismatch of input and output

Ivica Ico Bukvic ico at vt.edu
Mon Apr 2 02:11:31 CEST 2012

Indeed, that is the most likely reason. If you have ability/willpower to
try pd-l2ork version of hslider/vslider, this problem is solved in that
any values that pass through the slider set to linearly scale between
specific values remain unaltered (apart from outer edges of the slider).
However, any values that result from moving the slider will be adjusted
based on the slider's position in respect to the overall slider.

HTH

Ico

On 04/01/2012 07:35 PM, Hans-Christoph Steiner wrote:
> I think that's because it normalizes the values based on the pixel granularity of the slider.  That's just a guess.
>
> .hc
>
> On Apr 1, 2012, at 7:14 AM, Iain Mott wrote:
>
>> Hi, I've noticed something strange with hslider and vslider. I you give
>> them a large range, the inputs and outputs aren't always equal or at
>> least they are out by a factor greater than 1. For example with the
>> range 0 - 55000, if you connect a number object to hslider's input and
>> enter 6034, the output reads 6032.68.
>>
>> Couldn't find this reported elsewhere - though perhaps i didn't search
>> hard enough. This result is on linux.
>>
>> Cheers,

Ivica Ico Bukvic, D.M.A
Composition, Music Technology
Director, DISIS Interactive Sound&  Intermedia Studio
Director, L2Ork Linux Laptop Orchestra
Assistant Director, CCTAD
Virginia Tech
Department of Music