[PD] reworked preferences in Pd-extended 0.43

Hans-Christoph Steiner hans at at.or.at
Mon Apr 2 17:24:34 CEST 2012

I just changed up the new single preference page for Pd-extended 0.43, hopefully its for the better.  First off, there is no more "Startup" prefs, which allowed you to globally load libraries.  Now, use [import] in your patch to load libraries.  The "Startup flags" and "Real-time scheduling" are now added to the new preference panel.

The OK and Apply buttons only apply the settings for the current session of Pd.  In order to save them for the next time you start Pd, there is the "Save All Settings" button.  But now that I look at that, the "Save All Settings" button might actually be redundant, and OK actually saves everything...

Setting global paths should no longer be used for externals, instead you should use the standard install locations for your OS:
http://puredata.info/docs/faq/how-do-i-install-externals-and-help-files

Or you can set the path in your patch.  Either use the new [path] object or [declare -path] to set a relative path in your patch.