[PD] pddp keywords

Jonathan Wilkes jancsika at yahoo.com
Mon Apr 2 19:45:22 CEST 2012

Hello,
     I've gone through a substantial portion of externals and added pd META subpatches to them so that

every object can be searched by author, description, license, keywords, aliases, xlets and their methods,

and help patch author.

In addition my search plugin can also do full-text searches.  However, keyword searches based on the pd

META data are useful when a) the help patch doesn't adequately describe what the object does-- which is

the case for a lot of the external documentation, and b) the help patch makes reference to

concepts related to what the user is searching for, but the object itself doesn't perform the desired function.

I've gone through and tagged various help patches with keywords (which are all listed on the home page of

the search plugin), but I'm sure there are things I've missed.  More importantly, I've added some tags to get

the ball rolling and now would like to clarify the tags to get more meaningful search results for the user.

One example is the keyword "bandlimited": the definition currently is, "object that describes itself as

bandlimited"!  Thus, I only tagged those objects which called themselves band limited in their description,

and this obviously has left out many objects.  So what is a decent, short definition for bandlimited?  And what

external objects (or internal objects, if there are any) should be tagged with that keyword?
In case you want to help out on any of the other keywords, the search plugin is here:
http://puredata.info/Members/jancsika/searchandbrowseplugin/view?searchterm=search%20plugin

-Jonathan