[PD] trying to track down a bug: Pd-extended 0.43-1 beta on Oneric 32 bit

Hans-Christoph Steiner hans at at.or.at
Wed Apr 4 03:25:24 CEST 2012

On Apr 3, 2012, at 4:42 PM, IOhannes m zmölnig wrote:

> On 04/03/12 21:23, John Harrison wrote:
>> I can't tell if this is a new crash triggered by the same create/destroy
>> event or the old crash. The same scenario triggers the crash
>> (create/destroy test99.pd in a new canvas) but gdb reports something
>> different. This is on today's build, Oneiric 32 bit. test99.pd was
>> attached on this thread and is again attached to this email.
>
> afaict, the new crash is a regression caused by the fix for the first crash.
>
> i have hopefully fixed that as well and committed it to Gem's git (committish 1458b4f8cf in the 0.93 branch, in case somebody wants to backport it)

John or IOhannes,

Please let me know when its in the 0.93 branch, and I'll include it in Pd-extended.

All mankind is of one author, and is one volume; when one man dies, one chapter is not torn out of the book, but translated into a better language; and every chapter must be so translated.... -John Donne