[PD] GEM: storing pix_background settings?

Matthias Kronlachner m.kronlachner at student.tugraz.at
Thu Apr 5 11:40:43 CEST 2012

Hi!

I don't know about saving background for background subtraction but
maybe another solution to the problem would be to use a Kinect with
pix_freenect (1) and create an alphamask out of the depthmap using
pix_threshold_depth (2). you can mutliply this with the (aligned) rgb
image from pix_freenect and you have a quite good extraction of the
objects in the defined range.
you can do these operations also on gpu with shaders which is more cpu
efficient.

matthias

(1) https://github.com/kronihias/pix_freenect
(2) https://github.com/kronihias/pix_threshold_depth