[PD] Virtual Mixer for Telematic Music

Patrice Colet colet.patrice at free.fr
Sun Apr 8 18:44:13 CEST 2012

Hello Rishabh,
 you should be able to use jack for local and distant sound system,
no need for internal drivers through pd.
In both adc~ and dac~ each argument is the number of audio voice coming from/to jack
eg: [adc~ 4 1 2 3] would output from left to right the inputs 4 1 2 3 from jack interface
but if sound processing is just about amplitude, you don't even have to bother with pd (sorry pd-list ^^)
because jack mixer would be enough for that.

for building a virtual mixer it's really easy in pd, it's just a slider with default values connected to [dbtorms] for controling the amplitude
of a signal coming in [*~]'s left inlet by connecting it to right inlet after a conversion from message to audio with the help of [line~]

[adc~ 1]

|[hslider]
| |
|[dbtorms]
| |
|[pack 0 10]
| |
|[line~]
| |
[*~]

[throw~ master]

[catch~ master]

[dac 1]

this simple example is mono, use [catch~ master-left] and [catch~ master-right] for retrieving two voices coming from [pan~],
all signals are mixed through [throw~] and [catch~] bus.

Colet Patrice