[PD] [PD-announce] new GUI obect: filterview, for generating and seeing biquad coefficients

Hans-Christoph Steiner hans at at.or.at
Tue Apr 10 17:14:19 CEST 2012

On Apr 10, 2012, at 11:08 AM, Cyrille Henry wrote:

> Le 10/04/2012 17:03, Hans-Christoph Steiner a écrit :
>>  Then it would need to include a version of [biquad~] that had 5 signal inlets for the 5 coefficients at signal rate.
> yes, that would be very nice.
>
> i somehow regret that my bq~ object is not compatible with vanilla biquad~.

You could take filterview and make bqview.  The new library template makes it much easier to share C code.  If you split out the various coeff calcs for the different filter types into individual, generic C functions, then put them all in libnusmuk-audio.c, it'll automatically get built into a shared library and all the objects linked to it (if you are using the most up-to-date Makefile).

Then those C functions can be made into Tcl procs, and you can replace the pure Tcl procs in filterview.tcl for doing the coeff calc.